[Gpdd] Health: Water choices

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 17 07:55:59 EST 2007

Dear Giki

My two piggies will not drink water and instead have loads of veggies -- but
especially lots of cucumber.  I don't know if a vegetable 'water' is gentler
on the system or not, but it would have nutrients in it of benefit.

We have had 2 cats that have both (in older years) suffered from chronic
renal (kidney) failure and the books I read said to get them off tap water
(full of cholorine and other stuff) and move them over to bottled water --
their reason being that tap water makes your kidneys work that much harder
to deal with the cholorine -- and if there's a kidney problem this does help
to take some of the strain off.  We did this and she seemed to enjoy the
water all the more (and rainwater, as we would leave little tubs out on the
lawn to let it collect).

Carole