[Gpdd] Re guinea pig questions

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sun Jan 21 07:01:29 EST 2007

Hi Mary and welcome to the GPDD.

You don't say how old your new piggy is. If he is a baby and has just been
separated from his mother, brothers or sisters, he is probably a little too
scared to popcorn.

I visted a friend last week, who had a mother piggy had with her 3 week old
baby boars and they were jumping around their pen and wheeking away but once
they are split up from the family group they will probably wonder what has
happened and will take a while to adjust to their new surroundings.

What is more important  is whether your little one is eating well and good
things are coming out of the other end. Sneezing is definitely not normal
and I would find a competent guinea pig vet and get your piggy checked out,
just in case.

Some piggies, like Joan's Lady Bug, never say anything. I have 26 piggies,
some of whom shout for their food as soon as I come into the room. Others
stand up at the wire, looking expectantly at me, but never wheek. They are
all different.

Let us all know how your little one gets on.

Regards from Penny and the Piggyfriends.