[Gpdd] [HEALTH] My guinea is acting weird

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Mon Jan 22 19:08:50 EST 2007

Mary,

If your piggy is scratching, he may well have mites, but you will not be
able to see them. These nasty creatures burrow into the piggy's skin and
cause untold discomfort. A mite infestation can even be fatal. You may be
able to see lice or their eggs if your eyesight is good but either way, why
not take your little one along to a good guinea pig vet for a checkup? A vet
will be able to put a small skin scraping under a microscope to look for
mites. The various treatments are simple but must be done asap.

Penny.