[Gpdd] HEALTH - leg problems

Andrew a1.mills at portset.net
Fri Jan 26 03:07:00 EST 2007

Hello, I think it might be worth checking to ensure that your guinea pig does not have either mites or a fungal skin infection.  Guinea pigs with skin problems will often scratch themselves and appear to have a type of seizure.  What you're describing here sounds very similar to this.  Obviously if he does have either mites or a fungal infection he will need to be treated for it as soon as possible.  If this is not the problem I really can't say what else it could be.  I don't know if guinea pigs can suffer from epilepsy or any similar conditions but I can't say I've ever heard of it before.  My first guess though would be some type of skin infection which, unfortunately, is all too common with guinea pigs but usually fairly easily treatable.