[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Leg problems

Dr Kay Dudman kay.dudman at londonmet.ac.uk
Fri Jan 26 09:55:55 EST 2007

Hi Emily

I would say *don't* wait for it to happen again before getting in touch
with the vet, go to the vet first.

I wonder whether Milo is a satin?  The reason I ask is that satin piggies
can have a genetic weakness caled osteodystrophy, and this means that they
sometimes sit awkwardly with their back legs practically up in the air.
When you say Milo "hopped", would that be with both back feet together?
If so, this is something that satins sometimes do because of their bone
weakness.

It is possible that Mile has had a fall, or had a fit, or even rolled over
when scratching himself, but with piggies it is always better to get
attention first, so tke him to the vet as soon as you can.

Kay