[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Missing teeth

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Tue Jul 3 05:49:59 EDT 2007

Zebra broke his 2 top front teeth chewing at the bars of his cage before he
got his new companion, Scoot (who, incidentally, is coming along fine and will
 now eat food whilst on a human lap!). I was very worried, and texted Cavies
Castle, who recommended trimming his bottom teeth with nail clippers just so
that they didn't overgrow whilst the top ones were growing back in. Of course
it  meant he had to be hand fed for a while, and he loved his balls of
"Critical  Care". Somehow he still managed to eat most of his veggies and even some
pellets. We just trimmed the bottom teeth a couple of times so they did not
grow  overlong and make the top ones grow back crooked (could lead to
malocclusion, a  word which strikes terror into my heart as I have no access to anyone
who can  trim teeth properly!) and he is right as rain now.

Good luck with your boar - hopefully he will make a full recovery quite
quickly, I seem to remember Zebra's teeth only took about a fortnight to grow
back.

Debbie