[Gpdd] Health Care - Ivomectin Procedures

DebraStory at aol.com DebraStory at aol.com
Fri Jul 6 17:11:18 EDT 2007

Hello To All Piggies and Slaves:

My masters have been having a bout with mites the last few  weeks.  I
remember reading on the list a while back about someone putting  ivomectin behind the
ears of piggies for mites.  I should have saved the  posting, but
unfortunately I did not.  Would someone please tell me the  proper dosage amount to put
behind the ears of a piggy to treat mites.  I  have the liquid Ivomec.
Originally, I have been mixing it with apple sauce  in the proper amount and
syringing it to the piggies, but some of my piggies do  not like the taste and fight
the syringe.  I thought placing some behind  the ears might do much better for
these guys, and maybe for all of them.  I  do not wish to overdose any one of
the piggies, so I need to know how much is  being used.  I would appreciate
advice on this matter.

The Story Piggies and I (Debra) also wish to send sincere  condolences to all
who have lost a dear fur friend lately.  It seems like  way too many have
crossed the bridge lately.  We send healing   thoughts, wheeeeps and piggy kisses
to all of you.

My dear Snickers could also use healing thoughts and prayers  right now.  He
has been very lethargic and has stopped eating and drinking  the last few
days.  He has lost 3 oz already, and he has his slave scared  to death.  He is now
on antibiotics and is receiving critical care as  a supplement.  Fortunately,
he loves CC and is eating it fairly well.   He also ate some of his lettuce
this morning and drank a little bit of  water.  We are hoping and praying that
he is on the road to recovery.   Let's hope that he eats even better tomorrow.
 Three ounces makes a big  difference on a piggy.  He already seems a little
bony to me.  I  certainly hope that he will start eating pellets and hay real
soon.  He ate  one of the Oxbow vitamin C tablets this morning as well.  He
has been  having a little trouble with his back legs (weakness and trouble
walking), so he  will be getting extra vitamin C for quite a while.  Hopefully it
will help  that problem. I am sure Snickers would appreciate any healing
thoughts that are  sent his way.

Wheeeeeps from,
Debra, Calico, Snickers, Lilac, Cheekie, Checkers, Princess  and Creampuff