[Gpdd] [Care] Tea Tree oil and hay

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 20 17:42:56 EDT 2007

Another note on the Tea Tree oil, should anyone decide to
  try it – it stains!  I managed to spill a bit once, in trying to
  juggle a wiggly pig along with other things – down the front
  of a freshly painted (white) cabinet!  It’s still there.
  What reminded me was this morning when I glanced down
  at my newly washed blue jeans (after I got to work!) and
  recognized the brown stains on one leg!  (‘you know
  you’re a guinea pig slave when
”!)
  It will, of course, wear off eventually, as on the pig.

  On the subject of piggies with or without problems with
  their teeth – the only problems we’ve encountered here
  have been the occasional front ones broken off, I’m sure
  from enthusiastic boys trying to impress a certain girl (or
  the boys as to how tough he is!).  I know that diet is
  very important to dental health – they really must have
  a constant supply of hay (not just a handful once or
  twice a day).  And apparently the hay cubes are not
  sufficient, as we’re learning.   But I wonder if part
  of the problem may be genetic, or inherited in some
  piggies.
  Nicholle  -  Thank you so much for sharing your story –
  such an important lesson for us all – and so glad yours
  will turn out ok this time. Please give your girl Quinn a
  big hug for all us here at Okie Piggies!
  (and Happy Bday to you!)
  and remember (all)  – hay! hay! hay!
  (you didn’t mean regular hay caused gas, did you? just not
  eating enough of it because of feeding the alfalfa cubes
  instead, right?
  Susi & the OP's