[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Bathing guinea pigs with shampoo with Melaleuca oil (tea tree oil)

Joy Wong littlemutt22 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 26 11:08:54 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Recently I just bought this shampoo that is herbal based and contains melaleuca oil otherwise known as tea tree oil. It's supposed to help keep the flies and fleas away from your piggie. Do you think it's safe for guinea pigs? The lady who sold it to me said it is and the bottle simply says shampoo for all pets with fur. I was just concerned whether the oils would cause any respiratory problems.

Thanks.

squeak,