[Gpdd] Health: fleas

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Sat Jul 28 00:36:40 EDT 2007

I have at least a few fleas in my living room and bedroom. I may have
mentioned this earlier. The cat, who NEVER goes outside seems to have become
something of a host animal. Now, having put a small fortune into Frontline Plus,
Revolution and the little "quick start" pills to treat cat over this summer, I
spotted one today on the white blanket Charlie was lying on on the couch. Methinks
it came from couch -- I hope not from Charlie. (Charlie has been through so
much with mites, secondary bacterial infections, shots, meds, etc.)
     Tomorrow the 2 rooms get treated AGAIN (Borax kills fleas by the way,
this is new to me, -- on carpets and furniture -- tho I'm using spray from vet
on furniture and borax on carpet. Of course piggies and I will be sealed off in
one room while this is going on. Along with Cat.)
     But oh dear -- what if the fleas have now gotten to Chester and Charlie?
Does Ivermectin (oral or injected) discourage fleas? Should I mix some neem
oil with baby shampoo and bathe the hapless Jolly Rodents? Should I get kitten
and cat shampoo from local vet and bathe them with that? I'd like to spare
them (and me) if possible. Poor Charlie has been through a lot!
     So many of us are dealing with situations with our little guys that seem
to be ongoing and given the gravity of some situations with sick piggies, I
shouldn't complain. But I am, aren't I?
     Additionally, I had some emails and GPDDs that I was saving -- then I
noticed that I had accumulated 950 pieces of mail in my "e" box. It only holds
1000 emails. Naturally, much of what was there was junk mail. I don't know
quite what I did, but I seem to have indiscriminately eliminated 800 emails. This
would be to the good IF I managed to keep what I wanted to keep. Alas, that
wasn't the way it unfolded. So I have lost mail from certain ones of you that I
very much wanted to keep.

     More advice, encouagement is definitely welcome here. Wait!! Isn't there
a GP flea spray in pet stores. Which is safe and which isn't?

Alge   <--- the panicky and the Jolly Rodents