[Gpdd] MISCELLANEOUS: Welcome to Lilac and Lavender

family.duffy at virgin.net family.duffy at virgin.net
Sun Jun 3 16:37:30 EDT 2007

I have just got back from a week's holiday in the Isle of Wight and have been catching up on the digests. Penny - a big welcome to Lilac and Lavender. I'm glad I'm not the only one with no willpower when it comes to trying to say "I have enough guinea pigs, thank you"! I find that an animal that is in some way less than perfect becomes even harder to resist. I also worry about who would look after my piggies if I was unavailable, but it still doesn't stop me from taking on new ones. I'm no spring chicken myself (having had the big five-0 birthday last year) but when we go away on holiday I'm totally reliant on my father - and he's 82!! In the Isle of Wight the sweet shops sell boxes of Isle of Wight fudge with "Thank you for looking after my cat/dog/pet" on them. Unfortunately I didn't see any with "Thank you for devoting your entire week to looking after my 19 guinea pigs"! It's a pity that we don't all have another digest member living round the corner.Stefanie and The Surrey Squeakers