[Gpdd] Health: Loss of use of front leg

Karen Smith karenjanesmith at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 18 02:23:30 EDT 2007

Anyone got any ideas? Going to try and get in the vets tomorrow but I
can't work out what is wrong.  4 year old pig, all of a sudden wont
put her front paw down so is having trouble walking and is more
stumbling around the pen.  She's an indoor pig, cage is on one level
so rules out any falls.   She has a good diet so unlikely to be a vit
deficiency.  Thought maybe a mild stroke but that usually affects the
back legs??  When I pick her up she still uses that paw to hold me,
just wont use it when walking??