[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Our Duke

Glynis Robson Glynis at garnay.com.au
Sun Mar 4 18:44:36 EST 2007

Hello everyone,  Haven't wanted to post lately about Duke as there's
been piggies who've been much more poorly :o(  :o(

Well where do we start, he actually got up to 690 grams last week and i
was singing and dancing around the room with him, mind you he gave me
the STARE and then brrrrr'd at me.  Yep i got the message so i stopped
but i was sooo excited.  Of course this did not last he went back down
to the low 640's again (this is better than the low 600's he was going
down to a three weeks ago).  As i record his weight everyday religiously
i've noticed a pattern he seems to go up in weight for 3-4 days then the
odd down day then he throws in the 2 awful days where he will almost
refuse totally to eat.
This is so frustrating as i can't put my finger (or his paw) on the
reason.  He's not bloated as i've been checking this, but he's get
recurring diarrohea so i minimise leafy stuff and if you know Duke this
is hard for him as he loves them.  Well now he's taken himself of the
leafy things and is mainly only eating cauliflower, corn, grapes, carrot
tops (some leafy i suppose) and a little apple and canteloupe.  Last
night i gave him a teensy bit of metacam, i didn't think he was in pain
but he was so not himself that i decided to bite the bullet and give him
some pain relief.
When i got up during the night, which has now become a nightly chore-at
least twice a night, he was munching on some cauliflower so i replaced
that and gave him some more carrot top also.

If anyone can work it out??  He also wont eat his pellets or very much
hay now either.  Am still syringe feeding CC 3 times a day, about a
tablespoon full only and he gets syringed water at 2 feeds and 1 feed i
give him pureed watermelon, canteloupe and pears.  He never drinks his
water so this is the only fluids apart from what he gets from his little
nibbles at his fruits.

What am i doing wrong????? I need my detectives which is you guys to
help me please.   I somehow think it maybe his age and just Duke being
Duke, but if you can see a problem i would be thrilled to hear your
advice.

Thanking you all once again, sorry this was so long.

Duke and Glynis (in mem Sully) xxxxxxx