[Gpdd] [SILLY] <the Pig Olympigs>

Janneke Staaks jannekestaaks at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 7 06:13:43 EST 2007

Hi!
Dee asked about a list for sports to sign up. I did make a program (which i
will copy below) but i don't have the time to register the pigs :-( (i
really regret this but i'm finishing my Phd and it's really busy right now).
What weekend did we plan the Pigolympig? I remember it was a american
national day or weekend, or something like that (memorial?)
And when we have that date, could we decide on when we are going to vote for
a city? (mieke, just call a date, i think it 'll be fine). I'm not sure if
my sister Mieke/mikey found a way around our website (on which you guys
couldn't vote :-( ) but maybe you could just email her directly?

Mail her directly (instead of on the list) with the number and city to
pandameisje at gmail.com (sorry sis ;-) you did tell me you had enough time ;-)
). As a reminder, these were the cities that signed up:

1. Denver (posted by Lori) I hereby propose the metro Denver area of
Colorado in
the U S of A for the upcoming Pigolympics. Why you might ask. Well because
by the end of May we will still be buried under mountains of snow. Snow you
say. Yes, snow! We can add new things to the Pigolympics like Winter sports:
Piggy tobogganing,Piggy skiing,Piggy skating,Piggy sliding,Piggy
hockey,Piggy speed skating, Piggy tug of war, Piggy shoving, Dish curling,
Chip tossing (frozen of course!)

2. Santa rosa (Posted by Joan, slave to The Lady Bug) We would like to
propose having the olympigs here in Santa Rosa. Since we are in the world's
award winning Sonoma County wine growing region, there would be plenty of
refreshments for the slaves and lots and lots of fresh grass and hay for
masters.

3. Lake Elsinore (Posted by Mary Fran with Cookie & Little Bear)
CA Cookie & Little Bear would like to put Lake Elsinore in the running for
the location of the Pigolympigs.
Our town motto is "Dream Extreme" as we are home to many extreme sports such
as hang-gliding and moto-cross. We also have a minor league ball park which
could serve as one venue. And of course we have the lake (no speed limit!)
for water-skiing and boat racing.
Miz Cookie will be saying more about hosting a Karate training center here
for martial arts piggies. She has been practicing on her slave of late. if
waterskiing is to be included in the P-O, then we must have the event near a
lake (hint, hint, "Lake" Elsinore). We might also be able to have a real
live event there as there are several pigger people located nearby in SoCal.
We are between Corona and Murrieta/Temecula on the 15.

4. Oxford, UK (Posted by: Joy and Sarah)
also Oxford, the city of dreaming spires and athletes would be lovely and
honoured to host the games, after all, Roger (the rabbit) Bunnyster ran the
4 min mile here once...

And this is the program that we have so far. Although i read your wonderful
suggestions that were made after i made this, i didn't update the
information (I tried a little). But all the categories are broad and
whatever was suggested can surely be implemented somewhere.

Friday
Arrival with PigAir
The Opening
We're really happy to announce that the royal family will open the pig
olympigs.
Maybe a talented piggy could sing a song (the spice pigs). And all the teams
will march into the arena. The LAPS piggies will enter like true gladiators,
being carried by golden retrievers (still up for discussion), being fed
grapes while the theme of gladiotor plays(or something else..). Will we have
a pig running in with the flame (oldest and youngest?) After all the
official stuff there will be a nice (catered) party to get to know one
another and catch up with old friends.

Saturday
(ongoing activity, a huuuge piggy buffet with many veggies)

Humanlike sports
- In the morning we shall do the more individual sports(athletics). For
example
Tossing stuff like poo, houses, hay etc.
Running; e.g. sprinting, marathon, pigloo moving race
Jumping; e.g. the highest pocorn, jumping over cage bars
Kicking bedding
carrot vaulting
In case of winter sports: tobogganing, piggy skiing, piggy skating, piggy
sliding, piggy speed skating, piggy tug of war, piggy shoving, dish curling,
chip tossing (frozen of course)
Jumping out of bath
Weight lifting

- Afternoon: the team sports
Baseball by the carrotheads
In case of snow ice hockey
alternative soccer? (we have a ball out of which treats can fall if pushed;
the team that eats the most treats wins?)
veggie relay (maybe more appropriate for the morning program)

(early) evening program
The competing sports
Kickboxing
Karate
Sumowrestling by our highly estimated LAPS piggies.

Evening:
Large dinner
Stories of the most mischievous piggy
After that, the medals for all the sports during the day and award for the
best mischievous piggy story and maybe some slave competition as
entertainment (fastest response to the stare, fastest veggie fetching)

Sunday
The piggy specialties!
Morning:
Wheeking contest
Rumblestrutting contest
Farting contest
Poo contest
Cagebiting contest
Furniture chewing contest

Early afternoon; food related pig specialties
Grass eating contest
Other veggie eating contests (e.g. fastest parsley consumer)
Celery pulling
creative syringe feeding (extra points for the messiest eater!)

Late afternoon:
The lounging specialties
Longest nap
Creative figures while relaxing