[Gpdd] Health/Care: getting cages off the floor

ROYCE LARSON cotton_cowboys at msn.com
Fri Mar 9 18:29:23 EST 2007

Nicholle,

    We moved from Minnesota to Arizona over a year ago and it may seem that being too warm would be the problem, not too cold, but winter nights are cold in AZ. When I have Bud's playpen on the floor of our mobile home I set it up on a braided rug I bought of an appropriate size and color to match his pen and the house décor. I put a tarp over it and then a flannel sheet and he plays on that. I use the tops of Rubbermaid tubs with towels folded up on them and put his pigloos on those. The braided rug seems to be a good insulator as they are thick and very dense. If you have a plastic bottom for the C&C cage I'm sure you wouldn't need a tarp. He has always been warm and cozy with this arrangement and it worked so well for him that I have big braided rugs all around the house for us, too. What is really nice is that you can order just the size, shape and color rug you need and I got mine very quickly from Penney's on-line catalog.

Carla and Arizona Bud