[Gpdd] MISC: Thanks for Sympathy / Ryvvir & Aquinnah

Willowstorm25 at aol.com Willowstorm25 at aol.com
Fri Mar 16 20:29:31 EDT 2007

Thanks, everyone for your condolences about Ryssi.

Ryvvir is starting to accept it, now.  She's still a bit moody &  aloof, but
she's coming around.  For a few days she didn't even want to  eat, and pushed
Aquinnah away completely.  Now she'll at least share a food  bowl with her and
sit with her in the pigloo.

Kathy, since you asked, I usually have inspiration for naming my guinea
pigs.  Ryvvir was named in honor of my late guinea pig, Sianndre (Celtic  spelling
for Chandra, which is Hindi for "of the moon"). Sianndre died  before I
adopted Ryvvir, and I wanted Ryvvir to be named after something that  was constant
in nature, like the moon.

Aquinnah is a Wampanoag tribal name that means, "land at the bottom of the
hill."  I heard the name once a year or so ago, and I liked it, and decided
that my next female guinea pig would be named Aquinnah.  And I figured  because
guinea pigs are very important in several tribal cultures in the  Americas
(mostly with the Quechua), it would be appropriate.

Before that, I had Camryn, named in honor of Camille, a roommate I had in
college who was very supportive of my through some difficult times.  I had
Sayge, and then Sapphryn, both named for their coloring.  Cassidy I named  because
I liked the name after I had heard it given to a horse.  Ryssi was  named for
his coloring (after the welsh name "Rhys" which means "fiery".   And Kylie
was named just because I liked the name.

I am very interested in names and their origins.

In a message dated 3/16/2007 7:59:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Kskosich