[Gpdd] MISC Lab animals

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Mon Mar 19 06:23:11 EDT 2007

About a week ago, Lisa posted her lovely story about Brody and how he has two precise pieces missing from his right ear, which her vet interpreted as the fact that he is an ex-lab animal.

Someone later asked about why he should have these holes and I can't find that post and I don't think that anyone has answered.................so, better late than never.

I have adopted many mice over the years and some of these have been "liberated" from labs. They usually come with metal ear tags, which identified them during testing. When the tags are removed, neat holes are left in their ears which never close up, rather like a person having their ears pierced. So I guess that this is what happened to Brody's ear.

Sorry to be so late in replying to this post but a slave's work is never done. I always mean to reply straight away. I read my digest while the Piggyfriends are having their breakfast, try and reply to any health problems and fully intend to reply to anything else later but there are never enough hours in the day.

I must get around to entering the Piggyfriends for the Olympigs and having just read Glynis's post about Pigair that's something else to do.

Penny.