[Gpdd] [CARE] Leeks

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Fri Mar 23 05:24:28 EDT 2007

I can't find leeks in any of my "foods suitable for guinea pigs" lists, and
always thought they could not have them. But yesterday I saw some dry food
with  leeks in, then I remembered that the CCT recommend Russell Rabbit "Carrot
and  Leek"  food for piggies because it has no added colourings. So obviously
dried leeks must be okay. So what about fresh leeks? It's about all there is
in  my veg plot at present - that, some forage brassica and a row of endives
(chicory in the US, I think). I usually give the outer leaves of the leeks to
the goats - but could they be offered to the Dolly Mixtures as a change?

Debbie (and the 13 Dolly Mixtures, wondering what Mummy's going to come up
with next!)