[Gpdd] Health: Guiny's nipples

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 06:08:53 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

Well after getting a clean bill of health last wednesday, i noticed
yesterday that Guiny has gotten big swollen nipples.
They also were a bit dirty around the nipples. She did not like me touching
them and since she has been rumbling on and off for the last few days, i
think even weeks...
it worried me. So I just called the vet. I think i told you about my last
vet visit with lotje. I just felt I knew more about guinea pig with diarrhea
and what to do with them than he did.
Also he asked the most strange question: He asked if her fur was always that
sturdy. Ehm well yes, she is a Rex piggie and rexes have rough/stiff (sorry
my dictionary does not really give a good translation i think) hair...

Anyway I called the vet's again and this time I asked for the rodentologist.
She out today, but will be back on monday. Since Guiny does not really seem
bothered by her nippels I think she will be fine over the weekend.

Please keep my girls in mind, and hope its not ovarian cysts...

Mikey and the Winky girls: Bald-ish Lotje, Swollen Guiny and Jumpy Dunya (in
her enthousiasm she jumped against the top of the cage, it sounded like she
hit it hard!)
Don't forget to vote for your favorite city:
http://www.opinionpower.com/Surveys/875046381.html

And sign your piggies up for the Pigolmypigs:
http://www.opinionpower.com/Surveys/429046388.html

pandameisje at gmail.com
pandameisje at hotmail.com

Blog: http://pandameisje.hyves.nl