[Gpdd] (Health) Re: Wheezing Piggy

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 12:54:37 EDT 2007

Luita,
  I have had this same problem with my old gentlepig Oscar, who is 6 years old. He started the wheezing sound shortly after my sweet Serendipity died back in September and I rushed him to the vet at the speed of light because I was afraid he would die too. The vet checked him out, even did some x-rays, and said he was perfectly fine. He could find no reason for his wheezing, other than it might be a bit of rhinitis or an allergy to something. Oscar will still do this occasionally and it might last a day or two and then goes away; I always take a listen to his lungs just to make sure there's no crackling sounds.  He is eating and drinking normally and his poops look good. Maybe it's just something that some of the oldtimers go through, like some get cataracts.

  I wish I could be of more help.

  Stacy and the Squee Squad