[Gpdd] CARE: Piggy toe nails

Dee and Joe joedee1986 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 26 14:30:28 EDT 2007

Kelly,

I know what you mean.  I have piggies with dark toe nails, too.  I just cut the very tip off each time.  I hate it when I cut the quick and they cry and bleed :(

I have found if you start when they are very young and cut the nails a little every week, the nails stay short.  All my piggies are adopted so their nails are already too long and some are curled.  They all seem to get curled nails when they get older no matter what I do.

Also, some people put a brick in the cage under the water bottle so the GP runs its nails on it when it drinks.  This is supposed to help keep the front nails trimmed.  I haven tried this.

Good luck.  I hope you get good helpful answers.

Dee
www.sunnyday1.blinkz.com