[Gpdd] VIRTUAL. Gulliver's report on the Olympigs.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Mon May 28 09:55:56 EDT 2007

I have been so busy competing, eating and making new friends that I haven't had the time to write home until now.

On Saturday, us LAPS boys did manly boar things like weightlifting, which gave us a huge appetite for the wonderful food that is available ALL DAY LONG ( are you reading this, slave?)

Teazel ran in the Marathon, after which she was too tired and hungry to play in our girls' baseball team, so Satin took her place. We never did get the hang of the rules but a great time was had by all.

Hope and Frodo did well in their events, Sprint and Jumping out of the bath. Sapphire enjoyed the jumping over cage bars event, because she met Suus and Miss Perky, about whom you have read to us from the Digest.

A big crowd turned up to watch our LAPS boys, including me, perform in the Sumo wrestling. I don't know who won but there were lots of appreciative sows watching and sighing so it was well worth entering plus there was more food afterwards.

On Sunday we all went to watch Chester and Halloween battle it out in the cage biting contest, both of them sharpening their teeth for more eating in the process. Diamond found it hard to decide who to cheer for so she cheered for them both, got over excited and had to be calmed down with some carrot wine.

Gingerbread, Diamond and Mayflower did well in the grass eating contest. I don't know the winner but an enormous amount of grass was eaten, which is a great prize in itself.

My speciality event, carrot eating, was next and you would be astounded at the amount of carrots I put away! I had to have a nap after this so I missed Pansy, Toffee and Crystal in the "Eat your own bodyweight in Hay contest." Our friends, Yaya and Chester were also in this event so I am sure that lots of hay disappeared and who cares who wins when there is food about!

Cadbury had put his name down for waterskiing, but when he saw what had happened to Charlie, he decided against it. He said that it is one thing enjoying a bath but that is a very big lake and he is not as big as some of us.

I hope that someone has videoed the football match on Saturday so that I can bring a copy home for you to see how well Team Piggyfriends played. Jan the Boar was outstanding, as you would expect and I think that a lot of our American friends enjoyed a game that they don't often see played. They probably understood the rules just about as much as our girls understood the baseball rules, but who cares? It was all such fun.

Daisy, our security pig, says that everypig has been very well behaved, despite copious amounts of carrot beer being drunk and she and Lady Bug have had not had to deal with much trouble.

I forgot to tell you that the mice did turn up for the opening ceremony, which was very grand and full of food. In fact, there has been so much eating going on that we must all have put on weight, even little Nova, who couldn't compete in the events but certainly put the food away. We have all been taking care of her so don't worry.

We will be very sorry to say Goodbye to all of our new friends but, in future, when you read us the Digest at breakfast time, we will be able to picture a lot of the piggies in the stories.

We will all tell you more stories when we arrive home. We will call you from the airport so that you can come and pick us up. I will make sure that those mice are on the plane.

See you soon,

Gulliver Piggyfriend.