[Gpdd] [MISC] New lease of life

Donna lsdmg at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 14 05:32:11 EST 2007

Hi all,

I read all of your messages with interest but don't get time to post very
often. I will tell you about my 2 girls Helga and Abby. There are both
Abby's and are now at the age of 3 1/2 years old. Abby has never shown any
signs of slowing down, in the summer she pop corns like mad when out and
about in the garden. She is always at the front of her hutch in the morning
bossing me around - telling me to hurry up with her breakfast. Helga is
extremely lazy and gets Abby to bring her fresh food to her. She is so lazy
that ever since she was born I've had to regularly clip her nails because
she hardly moves! Abby is so active that her nails stay short. Recently I
moved house and it meant that instead of having their hutch in the shed they
now have to live outside. I bought them guinea pig beds which they love and
put a cover on their cage for cold nights so they wouldn't find it too much
of a shock to the system. Ever since they have moved outside Helga seems to
have a new lease of life. These days she is at the front at breakfast time
squeaking louder than Abby can manage (they even hear me in the bathroom in
the mornings and I can hear them squeaking from upstairs!) and she runs
around the cage, gets her own food. I never thought Helga would end up
finding so much life especially as she is getting towards her later years.
Maybe a change of scenery has done her the World of good!

Donna, Abby and Helga x