[Gpdd] MISC: Odds & Ends

jaaladog jaaladog at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 19 13:15:23 EST 2007

Hello friends!

It's been a week or so since I had the time to sit down and read the digest
or post.  This is our busy time of year (self employed) and we have been go
go going.  Things are slowing down now a bit and it is just in time for the
holiday frenzies.  :)  Earl is out of town for a few days so I have a few
quiet moments to catch up here.

I was so sorry to read of the passing of Ratso, Theadora and Boullotte.
They all sounded like wonderful piggies and I am sure they will be missed
greatly by those of you who knew and loved them.   You wonderful slaves have
my warmest sympathy and condolences.

Leah,

Your description of PS. during her "cycle" had  me laughing.   I must admit,
it sounds much like the way I act and, according to Earl anyway, behave when
I am in the same condition.  Of course, I don't ever recall  peeing on him
but otherwise.... been there, done that.  LOL

I  red where there's a lot of fighting going on here lately amongst all of
our little furfriends.  We had an incident here recently that actually, kind
of  had me laughing when Earl described the action to me.  He and I were
here in the office, working on some paperwork.  He was across the room at
his desk, his back to me and I was at mine, my back to him.  All of a sudden
a big hullabaloo  broke out in the girl's cage.  It had been very quiet in
here up until that moment.  I heard this God awful bang, bang, bang, then a
bunch of wheeeeeking and screaming and bedding was going *everywhere*  We
both jumped up and said appropriate things... then turned our attention to
the matter at hand.  About that time, both pigs and gone to opposite sides
of the cage and all of  a sudden, as if on a cue, they both ran at each
other and "BLAM
!" met in the middle and kind of went up in the air in a bear hug.  Earl
said they were both fluffed up so large, all he saw was  hair!  That's when
I pitched in with my usual helpful "Stop that!" and amazingly enough, they
let go of each other and went to the opposite sides of the cage again.
Tabitha continued to mutter and rumble as Samantha turned her back and acted
as if she had taken care of things quite nicely, thank you   very much.
Totally ignored Tabitha.  Tabby rumbles all the time so I've gotten used to
that but they hardly ever fight like that.  At that point, I took Tabitha
out of the cage to make sure there was no damage done and of course, she did
the little pitiful wheeking sounds they do that make you feel so bad.  You
all know the one I mean... "Mommy, she started it!  I was just sitting
there, being precious, minding my own business when for no reason at
all...."No blood, no damage as far as I could tell.  Then, I examined Sam,
who seemed quite pleased with herself and was totally unconcerned with the
whole incident.  I have a feeling she finally had enough of Tabitha's
grumbling/rumbling and said "Fine then, let's settle his once and for all!"
But, as far as I have noticed, there's been no more fighting in there but
they definitely get in their moods.    I am thinking of starting the PWF.
(Pig Wrestling Federation) here and if this keeps up, these two will be the
first contestants.  Surly Sam and Tyrant Tabitha.

I do want to ask a question.  Sammy seems to be so skittish or ticklish or
something.  I can be holding her on my lap or chest and when I go to touch
her, she will jump right out of her skin.  After I start stroking her, she
settles into it, more or les, and seems to tolerate my touching her.  But
she is the touchiest thing I have ever seen.  I try rubbing her chin.  No
way.  She will put her paw on my finger and push it away and if I am stupid
enough to persist, will nip me.  I try to rub her tummy and she jumps around
like she is standing on a hot skillet.  It's almost like she's scared but I
don't know why she would be.  She has been with me now since July and knows
I am the giver of all things good and crunchy so should by now trust me, I
would think.  Tabby, on the other hand, will lay on my chest and go to sleep
with her head flat down looking much like a little bear rug.  Do you think
Sam could just not like being touched or do you think she is just a very
nervous pig?  Is there anything I can do to help her with that?

Also, these kids have me so well trained.
They will stand right at the door of their cage and wheek for food and
veggies, but when I bring it over, they both run to the back of the cage,
acting all scared,  and wait until I put it in their little hanging feeder
Earl made me  and withdraw my hand before they will come back to the front
again to eat.  I just don't understand the behavior sometimes...

I am going to finish this with a hello to all of you and your babies and
hope that the cabaret practice is coming along nicely.  The girls just love
that they are handling the makeup and wardrobe and really love being called
bewitching.  :)

Also, can one pig become the dominant pig if the other one has been up until
this point?  It seems as if Sam is constantly ttrying to start a fuss with
Tabby when I am holding them or even when they are in their cage.  She will
walk up to Tab and shove her with her head or just sort of nip at her.
Tabitha does not appreciate it and they usually end up stomping around on me
with those sharp little claws, muttering and chuttering to each other, until
I make them knock it  off.  And speaking of claws... the brick trick is
*not* working.  Those are the sharpest little claws I ever felt in my life.
Ouch!!

Everyone have a wonderful day and I will be back on here in a bit with some
new pics.. I hope.

Wheeks, winks and hugs to all,

Lynn, Samantha & Tabitha