[Gpdd] Behavior - Timid Babies

grace ramp gracetheface at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 26 10:56:56 EDT 2007

I adopted a mom and her two baby girls in the beginning of July.  The babies were born at the end of May.  So far, they have not bonded with me at all.  They are just now letting me touch them lightly.  For months they ran away if I even passed by the cage.  I didn't want to traumatize them so I left them alone.  I picked them up only rarely because they were terrified, but now I'm beginning to wonder if I did the right thing.  It has been months and they are still so scared of me.  I am thinking of separating them from their mother.  Would that be wise?  I want to do what is best for them, but I also want them to accept me and not be so timid.  Please share your thoughts and experiences with me.  Thanks.
  Grace, Pork Chop, Gussie, Rusty and Babe