[Gpdd] misc; skinny pigs

bubblecuddle at aol.co.uk bubblecuddle at aol.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 09:21:19 EDT 2007

I would like to know what you guys all think about skinny pigs as a paper here in the UK has said they are this years must have pet.

If anyone doesnt know skinny pigs are guinea pigs that have deliberately bred to have no hair at all (why anyone would want to do that to such adorable little creatures is beyond me) as you can imagine this makes them very vunerable and defenseless, in winter they need clothing to keep them warm and in the sun they need sun cream to stop their skin burning (both sound like things hair was managing to do well on its own)

In case you hadnt guessed my opinion is that this is completely wrong and immoral, what right do we have to breed a poor animal like that just for peoples amusement, I find it disgusting that there is a huge market for these poor little babies (how many will be properly cared for once novelty wears off????)

I could rant for hours about how absolutely wrong I find this but I wanted to know if you guys agree.

Does anyone like these skinny pigs or does anyone here own one and if so why?

I know I am forthright in my opinions but I would like to hear feedback.

All opinions greatfully received

M + Fugly (who will always have his full head of hair)

That said if I was in a position to rescue one of these guys I would its not their fault and they need love to.
Get a FREE AOL Email account with unlimited storage.  Plus, share and store photos and experience exclusively recorded live music Sessions from your favourite artists. Find out more at http://info.aol.co.uk/joinnow/?ncid=548.