[Gpdd] Health: Celery - Licorice

Kirsten McKnight kirsten.mcknight at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 14:19:18 EDT 2007

Hi Maren,

gosh, I've gotten behind again on my digests! I'm trying to get caught up
again!

I didn't know that about celery. Thanks very much for the information. He's
actually doing pretty well - he went to the vet several weeks ago and had
his teeth trimmed - we're still not sure if he's eating his regular hay, but
we've been bringin in fresh grass for him which he seems to like and giving
him Critical Care, sometimes mixed with baby food. He's still a bit loose in
his BM so I will heed your advice and cut him back on the diuretics -  it's
too bad though because those are the things he's most happy about eating!
But at least we are not having to syringe him the CC anymore, he's more then
happy to lick it off our fingers.

peter (my husband) has been making a special mix for him - it's timothy hay
ground into smaller pieces (but bigger then CC) and he generally mixes with
some baby food - we're hoping that the bits of hay will help stimulate
Licorice's digestive health.

His weight still hasn't gone back to pre-diarrhea but its remaining stable
and he's slowly gaining a little bit. He's very loving and  cuddly. It just
melts my heart when he curls up on me or in my hands and snuggles down and
closes his eyes.

thanks again Maren and everyone else for your support!

Kirsten and the Critter Crew