[Gpdd] HEALTH Teresa's "maybe" mum.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Fri Sep 21 18:03:54 EDT 2007

Antoinette has asked if I think that Teresa's new "maybe" mum should be put with Willow.

If they were mine, I would try to put them together, after the "maybe" mum's quarantine period, but I would be very careful not to stress her as this could be very dangerous for her pregnancy. I have always found that most sows love to have a new friend and if Willow is calm and gentle with the newcomer this could work out well. It could be reassuring to have a nice fat friend around.

When Ginger, whose story I have told before, arrived here with her two babes and pregnant again I left them all together when the second litter was born. Although I had to hand rear the second babes as Ginger had no more milk, the older sisters acted like aunties to the babes and all three fussed over them, cleaning them and showing them how to be piggies.

Paws and fingers crossed that she is not pregnant anyway as she is so young.

Just my opinion.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.