[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Ivermectin pourable/injectable - Lisa Stanley & the San Diego 12

Cheryl Cline cherylcline at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 01:24:35 EDT 2008

Hello Lisa,

I have had great success with 1% injectable ivermectin, although you
apply the solution topically, not by injection.  I have not tried the
pourable option.

I bought mine from Valleyvet.com (Item # 35850, Agri-mectin Injection
for Cattle and Swine 50 ml,
http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=244dd067-521d-4fdb-8cec-8f4d16d5d636)
which looks identical to the injectable listed at This Little Piggie.
I followed the dosing instructions at Guinea Lynx
(http://www.guinealynx.com/ivermectin_topical.html), which is to put a
very small drop behind each ear.

My pig had problems with mites and I would use Peter Gurney's home
remedy of vegetable oils, described on his site, but I don't recommend
it because it's very messy and uncomfortable for the pig, and the
mites eventually return.  After I used just one dose of this
injectable ivermectin last year, my pig's mites went away and never
returned.

If you buy the injectable, you have to use a needled syringe to
extract the dosage, but you apply it to the skin on the back of the
ears - you do not inject it into the pig.

Hope this helps.  Please ask if you have questions.

Best of luck,
Cheryl, slave to Alex P. Hamilton