[Gpdd] HEALTH Fireball's abscess and tooth

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat Apr 12 04:55:20 EDT 2008

Hello Jocelyn,

Poor Fireball. He has been in the wars hasn't he? And such a brave piggy too.

You need to keep the wound open so that it can drain. A bathe with a saline solution should be sufficient. I hope that your vet has given you some painkillers for him as he will feel much more like eating if he is pain free. Further pus might build up at the abscess site and will need to be expelled. Are you able to do this for him?

You might need to syringe feed him if he is not eating well as you will want him to be in the best of condition if he is going to need surgery.

Being paranoid about anaesthetics for my own little ones, I can imagine just how nervous you are about Fireball needing surgery for his tooth. Have everything ready in case you need to syringe feed him when he returns from the vet. The more food that you can get inside, the better his recovery will be.

Fingers, paws and whiskers crossed for the little guy on Tuesday.

Please give him a great big hug from us all.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.