[Gpdd] (Health) pet insurance

JODI GRIMM jodigrimm at msn.com
Wed Apr 16 12:52:39 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,
So sorry to hear of the recent piggie losses.  It is a very hard and life changing event.  I love to get the emails and read other piggies adventures as my home is piggy less at the moment.  Augustus loss is still to recent..

The last year that I had Gussie I bought pet insurance through VIP.  It was around $100.00 for a four year old pig who didn't really have any health issues.  They only real vet bills that he had to have his teeth ground down several times and had a couple of ear infections.  The policy did not cover routine laitance like his annual vet check up and teeth grinding.  I never did make any claims on the policy. I was fine with that as I was happy to have a healthy piggy!

The policy did give me peace of mind just knowing that is something major happened that it would cover part of the cost.  It really depends on how much you can or are willing to spend on vet bills.  I just knew in my heart I would pay whatever I needed to for Gussie because he was so important to me.

They are a good company, I think you just need to really look at the policy and see what they do and don't cover.  It's a tough decision to make.  I almost feel like I would have been better setting up my own savings fund for his vet bills.  I'm sorry you piggy has not been well.. Good Luck

Jodi