[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT-introducing Holly

Maren Fouts magbfouts at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 12:27:30 EST 2008

Jamie,

It's so wonderful you've taken in little Holly.  I know she'll thrive with
you to help her.

I once had a foster that was pregnant.  I calculated she was probably only
about a month old and her father got her in that condition.  She was VERY
tiny herself.  She came in not knowing what a veggie was and I used my sow
to show her that they were tasty.  I was so concerned that she was
malnourished and desperately needing her veggies.

I knew she was pregnant as I felt the babies move.  She gave birth a little
over 2 weeks later.  All came through with flying colors.  Olivia (the mom)
is now with a loving slave and her babies have been adopted out as well.
She had 2, each almost 100 grams at birth.  Olivia will probably be very
tiny for her whole life since she got pregnant so early in her life.

I would weigh her every day as this will give you valuable information.
Above all, don't worry too much.  Even though she is young, guinea pigs have
been getting pregnant and giving birth at a very young age for a very long
time in the wild.  Your care and love will be the most important things she
needs.  If she does have babies, I guarantee they will bring you a lot of
joy!!  If she doesn't, that's good too.

Good luck and let us know how she progresses.

Piggy Kisses,
Maren, Charlie and Kaylee