[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: The Blob

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 10 12:30:55 EST 2008

Debbie, thank you for picking up on the underlying message in my remembrance of The Blob. I sent my email about her (my kids named her after a favorite cartoon character) because I haven't come to terms with losing a pet I hardly knew. I'm sorry if it troubled anyone, but I'm still upset at my lack of knowledge back then. Hence the confessional tribute. All I had to go by was what the pet store owner had to say. There weren't any good books available to me, and I had no piggie friends or access to the internet. I tried to be a good slave, but, even if I'd been a more enlightened one, I'm not sure she would have taken her proper role, which really is sad. But I did enjoy her company, even if she didn't enjoy mine. Not that she disliked me; she simply never connected with anyone, even her cagemate, who was pretty easy to get along with. The only time she came to life was when she was charging the rabbit, which she seemed to enjoy. When she was out of her
 "cave," she would eat alongside The Bun, so I don't think there were hard feelings between them.
My consolation is that she's finally free of whatever it was that held her back, and that she will be able to explain what was really going on in her head back then. Until then she remains a troubling mystery. I'm sorry if I appeared flippant. I'm the kind of person who laughs at bad news as a defense against the feelings it provokes.
With your collective help, I won't repeat my mistakes and will learn to be a more knowledgeable and caring slave. I welcome your criticisms and suggestions as I try to provide a better life for my master and those to come.

Joanie