[Gpdd] MISC: A to Z

jaaladog jaaladog at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 21 16:52:29 EST 2008

Hi everyone!

It Sunday afternoon and I can finally take a few minutes for myself to sit
down and catch up on all the pigs goings on.  :)  We had a *huge* family
Christmas party here yesterday and I am totally wiped out!  Earl has 8
brothers and sisters and when you count in spouses, kids, nieces, nephews
and anyone else who just happen to wander by the house and decided to drop
in and se what all the noise was about, I think we had between 50 - 60
people here.  We had a lot of fun though.  I went to check on the girls last
night after all  had left and found a funny surprise in their cage.  I
reached in to find them and give them a cuddle and  my hand landed on
something kind of smooth and firm.  sort of the size of a small stone, like
maybe a large marble size.  It had little rough edges on each end and I was
totally baffled at first.  When I applied pressure to it, it sort of gave
and sunk in.  I took it to Earl to ask him if he had any idea what it was.
Well, as it turns out, apparently, one of the little ones that were here
thought Samantha and Tabitha might enjoy one of the homemade caramels I had
put out for the guests and dropped one into their cage.  The funny thing is,
they chewed off both twisty ends of the cellophaned candy but didn't touch
the candy itself.  Just left a lump laying there.  That's my girls, such
well trained pallets they have!

We were sorry to hear of your loss of Emma, Carly.  She sounds like she was
quite a sweetie and I know you will miss her.  I hope you find peace in your
heart soon to remember her with love and smiles and not the current tears
and sadness.

Oh Joanie, it's not just you that notices the lovely smells of our babies.
And, again, it may just be me, but when my girls are in need of a cage
cleaning or a bath, they tend to smell like coconut.  Go figure...

The girls an I wanted to thank everyone here for their lovely comments about
their Christmas pics.  They weren't too hard to deal with this year.  They
cooperated.... for the most part...    You will note that they have their
Christmas bows on in a few of the pics but not some of the others.  you can
figure out, I'm sure, what happened to them.  They lasted only until Sam
managed to get hers off and abandon it on the floor and Tabitha began
reaching around behind her head to chew on hers.  Sigh.  Kids, what are ya'
gonna' do with them?  And oh Glynis, I'm so glad the girls' song brought a
smile to your face.  We were so very sorry to hear of your losses while we
were gone.  The girls remember quite fondly, and somewhat embarrassedly,
their trip to help Duke celebrate his  birthday.  What fun they all had and
I know it will long live in the annals of GPDD land.

Fugly, Samantha asked me to send hugs and kisses to her beautiful pig.  And
she also added, quite huffily I might add, that a true gentlepig *never*
asks a girl her weight!  Humph!  I will tell you though that I do believe
she is quickly getting to be a LAPS piggy.  I haven't weighed her lately
because our scales aren't working and I need to get some new ones.  Somehow,
I don't think Samantha minds!

Debbie, I keep forgetting to mention to  you how much I love the quote by
Henry Beston that you use as your signature.  How appropriate it is and I am
thinking of stealing it and adding it to my own!

Hey Hershey, Samantha heard what you said about Fugly and she puffed all up
and got quite indignant.  She says that if you try to move in on her man,
she'll have some teeth chattering for you!

For those of you who suggested that my girls look so innocent and cherubic
in their photos that you just can't imagine them getting up to any
mischief.... let me just say this.... Hah!   Grin

Joan, it was so  nice to hear from you and I am happy to hear that Madame
Ladybug is doing well.  I think of her often as the Grand Dame of the GPDD.
Take care and I wish you warm, happy holidays.

Enough for this posting... I have more to ask about and to share but I won't
make this one so long that you fall asleep while trying to get through it.

Hugs, winks & whisker kisses,
Lynn, Samantha & Tabitha