[Gpdd] [Announcement]<Pigtures of my setup for Joanne!>

liz_kennedy at hotmail.com liz_kennedy at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 29 01:00:36 EST 2008

Hi Joanne and all-

Here is a picture of my setup from a few weeks ago.  I have rearranged some of the beds since then, but it's the same basic setup.  I couldn't get the whole thing in one picture, so let me offer a little explanation as well.

2x8 main part:
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/kene01/0dff6eb9.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/kene01/096b2c56.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/kene01/27e59976.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/kene01/cb54cecd.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/kene01/bff76d60.jpg

2x1 loft (the loft is on the left side of the main part of the cage):
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/kene01/51560097.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/kene01/6d6fd686.jpg

Extra 1.5x3 (this is on the right side of the cage... it was the cage that came with Willa and Dodger and is the same size as a 1.5x3 C&C, so instead of buying the supplies to expand my cage out, I just attached this cage to my existing cage):
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/kene01/04894e00.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/kene01/d10dc60a.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/kene01/75e0cf80.jpg

As you can see, even though it's a lot of room, the bedding and hay make it kind of crowded, so I will need to expand at some point.  I can't expand outwards though, as my rats' cage is to the right of the cage, and the door to the bathroom is to the left, so I will have to expand up, or maybe down.  I was thinking that it might be fun to have a 2x3 on the floor that is accessible by a ramp coming out of the middle of the cage, that way I could walk around it to clean the main cage.  Not sure, though.

I have to admit, I'm kind of suprised at how little difference there is between 4 pigs and 8.  The only real noticeable difference is that I have to go to the grocery store twice a week now instead of once a week (someday I hope to acquire a second fridge for my garage).  The cleaning has really remained the same.

Cheers!
Liz slave to Baisil, Dot, Myrtle, Phoebe, Dodger, Willa, Opal and Lucy