[Gpdd] [HEALTH] White Stuff on Fireball's Rump

Anderson, Jocelyn M jocelynm at umich.edu
Thu Feb 7 21:06:47 EST 2008

Hi all piggies and people,

I'm afraid I've yet another question about Fireball the Fat. This poor guy has gone through just about everything it seems!

Thanks again to everyone who had information about Fireball the Fat's broken tooth problems. He got better and was able to eat his veggies all by himself a few weeks ago, and then started having problems again. I figured his top teeth needed a trim, as they had overgrown when he broke his bottom teeth. After I took him to get his teeth trimmed, he was still having problems, so I booked an another appointment with the vet for the next weekend. Two weeks ago, he wouldn't eat his morning carrot at all, and refused to come out of his igloo, which called for an emergency vet trip. As it turns out, one of Fireball's teeth was looking awful. It was a brownish color, and cracked. That poor piggy, I felt so bad.  He was given five days worth of painkillers and  antibiotics for ten days. The vet noticed his skin was flaky, which he's had before. I've used Nizoral before, which has been suggested here and has cleared his skin right up.

His second bath was yesterday. Today, a pointy white mass has appeared on his rump. Here's a picture of it: http://www.nflight.com/filestwo/fireballrump.jpg . It doesn't look too gross, it looks like hardened glue. Does anyone have any idea as to what that is? It doesn't hurt when I poke it. It's attached to his skin, too. I'm stumped!

Thanks,
Jocelyn, Fireball the Fat, Little John, and Flashbang Fatbottom