[Gpdd] Misc: Congratulatons: Re:Happy birthday to Freckles and Speckles.

adcavy at aol.com adcavy at aol.com
Sat Feb 9 05:23:08 EST 2008

Today is the seventh birthday of our two sows Freckles and Speckles.
They are still very spritely and showing no signs of old age at all.
They love each other but will tolerate no other sows in their hutch. In
the summer when they live free range in the garden they
are definitely in charge. Most of the other sows give them a wide
berth.

They always choose the best sunbathing spots and chase off any sow
wanting to move onto their patch. I think it is their feisty nature
that keeps them healthy and long-lived. Their dad died just a few
months ago. We have no idea how old he was. He came in seven years ago
with their mom as an expectant couple who the family didn't want. He
looked like an adult then so I would say he was over eight years old
when he died. It must be in Freckles and Speckles genes to be so
long-lived.

Antoinette and the Magic 61.