[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: Condolences for Topper

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Sat Feb 9 13:10:25 EST 2008

Candy

We were devastated to hear of the departure of your beloved SCAMP Topper to
The Rainbow Bridge. By all accounts he was a truly exceptional pig, and it  is
a tribute to the love and care you provided to him that he made it well over
the age of 6 years. We know only too well how it feels to see a much-loved
piggie gradually fade away in spite of all attempts to nourish and nurse him,
and our beloved Red Dandy used to sit hunched and staring as Topper did in his
 last days - it is anguish to see, isn't it? At least he is now free from
pain in  that Rainbow meadow, popcorning and wheeking with joy at being reunited
with  Mollie and meeting all those other piggies. We are positive he knew
exactly how  much he was loved.

We would just like to echo what you have said about this remarkable gpdd
community - it is the one place you can come with piggie-related issues and KNOW
that you will be understood. Debbie Slave works in a school where no one
seems  to be a true animal-lover, and when Boulotte went to The Bridge, she only
mentioned it to one person, whose husband is a vet. She just received a blank
look and the subject was quickly changed - it was as though she had said
nothing  of any interest. No one had the faintest clue how devastating an event it
had  been in our lives. Thank Goodness we had this community here to
understand and  console us - we all know on here how deeply piggies burrow into our
hearts and  souls, and are here to support one another always when tragedy
strikes.

We know words cannot take away the pain, but we also know that our
condolences will be appreciated because you know we have genuinely "been there"
ourselves, and that our support is sincere and deeply heartfelt.

Hugs from across the globe in Northwest France

Debbie and the Dozen Dolly Mixtures