[Gpdd] HEALTH- Flagyl

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 28 13:03:48 EST 2008

Dear Stacy

My cat had Metronidizole and it actually made his character change for the
few hours it was taking its effect.  He became agggressive and was not
anything like the kind gentle cat he usually was.

He was also in a lot of pain and kept belly meowing.  He was pacing all over
the house to try to get into a comfortable postition.  It was very sad to
watch.

I believe the idea of the drug is that it is supposed to calm down the gut
and enourage motility, but he was worse on the drug than without it.

However, drugs such as these are sadly tested on animals in the first
instance, such as rodents, and it maybe that in guinea pigs it was found to
have a more favourable response.  You could try emailing Vedra at the
Cambridge Cavy Trust to get her opinion.  stanislinski at aol.com

She is a rodentoloigst and a very good one in my opinion -- I take my two
guinea pigs to see her and I think she's exceptional.

I hope it all works out for your guinea pig.

Kind regards

Carole