[Gpdd] Care: Piggie Baths

leah.mcneil at wachovia.com leah.mcneil at wachovia.com
Thu Jul 10 11:09:00 EDT 2008

Hello there, Slaves!
I just wanted to clarify what I wrote to Katie earlier.
I know that it is okay to give guinea pigs baths,
especially the long-haired piggies. And lets's
face it, some piggies are just plain messier than
others. I just don't recommend giving them baths,
if you're not experienced at doing so. I tried to
give my Beloved Amberlea a bath years ago
and it was just so stressful for both me and the
pig, that that was the last time I attempted that.
So, I personally, would not try to give a guinea
pig a bath. My piggie-sitter in Virginia, Mary, gave
my Beloved Brownie Bear a bath once and boy!
did she smell good. So, in almost 5 1/2 years,
B-Bear had one bath. And she wasn't a dirty pig.

Princess Snowflake has owned me for over 9 months
now and she's never had a bath. She's an Abby pig
so she has that wild hair, but she keeps it clean
and I've never even had to spot clean her. She's
kind of Prissy though and is really into her looks. hee

Anyways, just thought I'd clear that up.

       Love 'n Wheeeeeeeps,
                Leah...Slave to Princess Snowflake :-)