[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences for Buttercup

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Thu Jul 10 13:15:12 EDT 2008

Jenn

We were so very sorry to hear that Buttercup had departed for The Rainbow
Bridge. I think most of us here have been in that same agonising position of
having a very poorly piggie and being unable to syringe feed it properly or
administer other treatments we hope may save them, and we all feel for you. As
has been said here many times before, sometimes it is just Their Time and we
have to let them slip away and be glad that they are no longer in any
discomfort. It never gets any easier, and whether the departure is expected or  not,
it always breaks our hearts and we are deeply saddened. I often wonder why
guinea pigs were made so fragile when they are such wonderful, harmless, giving
creatures. I have a really nasty gander at present, and they can apparently
live  for 50 years or more, and I am forever asking myself, why can't guinea
pigs have  such a long life expectancy, and be more robust. I find myself
wondering  whether maybe it is precisely that - they steal such a major part of our
hearts even when they are with us for so short a period. If they stayed with
us  too long, our hearts would become completely engulfed by them and we  would
find life impossible in the absence of such an exquisite little  friend when
they eventually went to The Bridge.

But then I think of my beloved little disabled piggy, Cherub, who was only
with us 5 brief weeks, and I think she stole a greater part of my heart than
any  of my other furbies ... so I guess that cannot really be the answer to the
mystery.

Anyway, please know that all over the globe there are members of our  special
gpdd community who understand exactly what you are going through and are
reaching out to you across the miles to give you comfort and try to ease the
pain a little. Buttercup is popcorning in that luscious meadow at The Rainbow
Bridge, and she knows that you loved her as much as any slave ever could.

Debbie (and the 11 Dolly Mixtures)