[Gpdd] Health: seborrhea

Dee and Joe joedee1986 at verizon.net
Sun Jul 13 11:02:39 EDT 2008

Hi,

  When I pick up Peaches this morning I notice hair loss on her belly.  On closer examination she had lots of flacky skin too.  I call this scruf and have seen it in small patches on Teddys before, but nothing like this!  It is all over her belly and other parts as well.

  I gave her and Pumpkin ivermectin treatments last month so I don't think it is mites.  I plan to give her a dandruff shampoo bath today.  Problem is we are going on a weeks vacation on Saturday and can't take her with us.  I have a pig sitter but don't want her to bathe Peaches.

  Any suggestions?  She saw the vet a few months ago and all was fine.  Should I try the shampoo until we go away and see how she is when we get back?  Should I take her to the vet right away?  She isn't scratching.  Our house is air conditioned so it isn't from heat.  I have never had a piggie with so much scruff before.

  I hope she didn't pick up some exotic disease during her travels with Manny and Captain Jack!

  Thanks,
  Dee