[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Trouble pooping

Ann Peyser peyserfam at erols.com
Wed Jul 16 15:18:41 EDT 2008

Dear All,
My 3 yr old pig Cinnamon was not her normal self on Monday. She wasn't eating as voraciously as she usually does (although she was and still is eating and drinking) and seemed to make a little noise when she peed and/or pooped. She also was not as lively as usual. I took her to the vet on Monday. He did urinalysis and fecal tests and sent me home with some antibiotics. She seems better and only makes the funny little noise when she poops, which she hasn't done a whole lot of. I have seen her pee without pain. She also seems back to her normal self although she isn't eating her usual amount, but that, of course, could be due to the antibiotic. The vet is telling me to be patient. Anyone have any advice or thoughts or experience with this kind of problem?

Thanks so much,
Cinnamon and Ann