[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOUR] Eye licking

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Sat Mar 8 11:32:24 EST 2008

I have noticed this behaviour before and always meant to post about it but
never got round to it. Just the other day it happened again - one of my
piggies,  Soulage, started licking the eye of one of her cagemates, Scarecrow.
Scarecrow  didn't seem to mind. I couldn't see any discharge from Scarecrow's eye -
it  looks perfectly healthy. I don't think it is an affectionate gesture, as
Soulage  is, it has to be said, a rather feisty and independent piggie, who
prefers to  have her pigloo to herself, although she doesn't mind sharing her
cage - in  fact, if she is put in a cage on her own, she chews the bars until put
in with a  companion. It's almost like she likes to have someone to boss, as
she does  dominate who goes where, but still likes to keep her own personal
space!

I remember Boulotte licking Muscade's eyes ages ago, and also I think she
used to lick Argentee's eyes. Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Does anyone
have any idea why it should occur? I'm not worried, just curious!

Debbie
(slave to the Dozen Dolly Mixtures)