[Gpdd] [HEALTH] re: Flaco Paco's swollen toe

Ginger Hoffman gingera at MIT.EDU
Sun May 18 09:42:40 EDT 2008

Hi Joan and Lady Bug,

thank you for the advice and healing kisses!

I was (am) worried about the tap water because I *think* wounds should
be flushed with diluted betadine or salt water, not tap water.  But at
the time I was rushing and just wanted to get the bacitracin off--I
didn't think there was enough time.  The wound isn't large, but I do
think the cut is pretty deep.  The vet said that poor Flaco had a
chance of losing his toe!

In terms of GL:  where is the pain management section?  Is it this:
http://www.guinealynx.info/pain.html ??
That site doesn't have much info about metacam.  And then there is a
different page on GL with metacam dosing, but I didn't see any
discussion of possible side effects.  I did a bit of forum searching,
but didn't have much luck.

But it's good to hear that Lady Bug has no problem with metacam.  We
went ahead and gave Flaco a half dose this morning and will see what
happens.

Thank you so much again!

love,
Ginger and Flaco paco