[Gpdd] Announcement: She's here, introducing little Woopy!

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Tue May 27 18:08:21 EDT 2008

Dear fellow Guinea pig lovers,

It's already been a one and a half wheek, but she is here: Our newest
addition Woopy.
She is just ubercute with the big paws (she's almost 6 wheeks old), and big
ears in comparison to the rest of her body.
She's a very charming creature, and also very loud. Weighing in on only 335
grams, she does make a lot of noise compared to my big girls Guiny (1220
grams) and Dunya (1000 grammes), which I find very entertaining and
comforting.
Lotje used to be our noisy piggy, as Guiny does not wheek at all (she does
have a lot of other noises), and Dunya mainly wheeks when she's picked up or
when Guiny wants to get in the house she's in. However Guiny does not react
to Dunya's whining and complaining, therefore we suspect Guiny is hearing
impaired, not completely deaf, but we're pretty sure doesn't hear
everything. for example she will not come to us when we call her (if she
does not sees us coming),  same goes for rustling plastic bags.
I do not have the feeling this  hinders her at all in her daily life. Anyone
has experience with (nearing) deaf piggies?

Anywayz, back to Woopy, the introductions with my other two girls went
pretty smoothly. Guiny only chattered once, we kept her separated (by a
piece of wire), from Dunya and Woopy (who were getting along just fine). The
next day I took away the wire and everything went smoothly from then on.
Which kind of surprised me, because I remember Dunya's introduction to
Guiny, which involved a lot of chattering and chasing around, and guiny
having big tuff of white Dunya hair in her mouth.
I hope this harmonious behaviour will continue, even when Woopy will start
het piggie puberty.

She's eating well, and i really funny to watch. Just a moment ago she was
sitting on top of the house wheeking her little longs out.
When I clean the cages I put the girls in our kitchen, which is on ground
level, so they cannot fall off the stairs.
It was so funny to watch little Woopy. When making introductions i put her
in a small run on a warm plaid (kitchen floor tiles can be pretty cold) with
my girls around her to see how they would react to each other. Later when
cleaning the cage I put the in the kitchen again, and put Woopy on the
plaid, this time without the run aorund her, so she could run around with
the rest.
I got her out of the cage in the cavy cozy, tammy send us, and put her on
the plaid in the cozy.
She would get out walk around on the plaid, then she would get on the
kitchen tiles, but apparently they we to cold or scary, and she would start
wheeking loudly and run back to the plaid and get into the cozy. This was so
funny to watch!
Later on I checked on them and woopy was already running around the kitchen,
like she never did anything else in her life.
She would be chasing either Guiny or Dunya in a piggie train, very fun and
cute to watch. I think Dunya likes the company of a new younger guinea pig,
who is more active than my 4 year old Guiny is. she also seems to act like a
mommy to Woopy. But Guiny also seems a safe haven to hide behind, when she
is scared...

We've already made pigtures, which can be seen in our webalbums (as proud
mommy and daddy slave and also my sister janneke as proud auntie slave):
http://picasaweb.google.com/pandameisje/WoopyPages
http://picasaweb.google.com/GuinyGirl/Woopy
http://picasaweb.google.com/lordthunder

Grtz Slave Mikey
and the Winky girls: Guiny, Dunya and Woopy

btw, i just checked the dutch Hallmark site for the guinea pig graduation
card, but unfortunately here in holland we only have the hamster card and
not ge piggie card :(
pandameisje at gmail.com
pandameisje at hotmail.com
m.staaks at pecoma.nl