[Gpdd] [CARE] Shredded newspaper

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Mon Nov 24 14:05:24 EST 2008

Does anyone use shredded newspaper for piggy bedding? I usually use
newspaper to line the C&C cages then cover it up with about 3 inches of
coastal hay then add fresh timothy hay everyday. We compost our shredded
black and white newspaper with soy based ink but we often have more than
we need. What are peoples views pro and con about using it as bedding
for piggys? They would still get timothy hay everyday. Recently I have
gotten several bales of hay that I rejected because they were too dusty
or had non hay objects in them.

Thank you

Ann and the rescued piggys of piggyville Tampa Florida USA