[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Fireball Losing Weight

Anderson, Jocelyn M jocelynm at umich.edu
Mon Oct 13 08:52:43 EDT 2008

Hello All,

I recently posted about Fireball's mystery squeaking - thanks for all
the advice! I bought a plush white towel for Fireball and saw he's
pooing fine and peeing without any blood. A few days later I took him in
to the vet for his teeth trimming and decided to have him weighted. He
was down to 927 grams from 940 a few weeks ago! Luckily the vet had a
cancelation and Fireball was able to get in right away. She didn't find
anything wrong. She did bring up cancer because he's slowing losing
weight over the last few months (he was 1140 in May when his teeth
problems were bad), but she couldn't find any lumps (whew.) She
suggested if Fireball goes down to the 800s that we should do bloodwork,
and if that doesn't show anything, x-rays. Is there anything I can do to
plump him back up? He's eating fine, he's just not putting on the
ounces.

In happier news, yesterday Fireball posed for a Halloween picture:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3012/2936598430_b84d27c9bc_o.jpg . He's a
mariachi band member!

Jocelyn, Little John, Fireball the Fat, and Flashbang Fatbottom