[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: belated condolences, Duke

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Sun Oct 26 15:12:04 EDT 2008

Glynis, your posting about older piggies and your tender, daily care of Duke was so very touching.  There was love and hope in each word, and we are sure that you gave strength to many people who are caring for piggies who are ill, no matter what their age.  We are so very sad to hear that Duke has now gone to the Bridge.    What a lucky boy he was, though.  You gave him such special care, up to and including the day he passed away.  It was very poignant to read of how many times he rallied, not only that day but in weeks before.  He obviously knew what a good home he had and didn't want to leave.  How sweet that he stuck his head out of his hidey box to ask for a cuddle as you were cleaning his cage the day before he passed away, and how amazing that he climbed to your shoulder, with help, to say his final goodbye.  We have no doubt that he was indeed saying farewell as he looked at you just before leaving for the Bridge.  Although piggies are never with us long enough, it is wonderful that he was almost seven.  We know he is now reunited with his good friend, Sully, at the Bridge, and they are sharing all of their many happy stories of you and how much you loved them.  Please accept our condolences on Duke's passing.  (P.S.  We saw his photo on the SCAMPS page; his coloration was beautiful.)

Sadly,
Cindy, Tumbleweed, and Friday