[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Piggy purring when petting rump.

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Wed Oct 29 14:35:11 EDT 2008

My piggys love to have their rumps or hind quarters stroked and
purrrrrrrrrr like crazy when I stroke them there. They will even turn
around and beg to have the other side of their rump stroked. When the
other cavies in the pen hear a piggy on my lap purring away they start
weeking and begging to get lap time and stroking too. They do not like
to have their hair stroked against the grain or the way it lays. That
bothers them and they will kick up their hind feet and turn away from me
and not purr. I would definetly say that purring is a happy sound. My
piggys purr when I give them their favorite treats. It is almost like
they are saying "yummy, thank you mommy slave".

Ann and the rescued Piggys of Piggyville Tampa Florida USA